Beginning Monday, March 23, 2020, Metropolitan Gastroenterology is converting patient visits to virtual visits through telemedicine. All in-person office visits will be reserved for emergencies only or when the physician feels an in-office visit is needed. Our endoscopy centers are closed. Our staff is contacting patients in order to reschedule any appointments affected.
Our phone lines will be open and our doctors and practitioners are available for telemedicine consultation for regular appointments or in-person visits for emergencies. Contact us at 504-349-6401 to make an appointment.
We urge all patients to sign up for the patient portal and make sure we have a valid email address.
The Telemedicine Process Using Doxy.me
Your telemedicine appointment will take place on a secure platform called Doxy.me. Here is how it works:
- Prior to your scheduled appointment, you will receive a phone call from a staff member who will review your chart with you.
- A text or an email invitation from their doctor to join the appointment using Doxy.me. The system works best with iOS or Android, but can be used with a desktop computer if you have a camera and microphone.
- Accept the invitation.
- Enable the camera and microphone on your smartphone.
- You will then enter the virtual waiting room. Wait until the physician is ready to begin the appointment. You will be able to see and talk to your physician.
- A staff member will contact you by phone to follow up from your visit.